Michael provides advisory services to strata owners, managers, developers, and property industry professionals and suppliers. His advisory services include;
Strata market advisory services
Michael’s personal experience as an entrepreneur and in-depth knowledge of the strata market is used to identify and refine market opportunities for professionals and suppliers seeking to enter the 1 Trillion-dollar Australian strata market.
- Strata management companies on risk management and business development and growth
- Listed hotel operators on strata titled hotels and serviced apartment opportunities and operations
- Developers, builders and construction industry participants on emerging threats and opportunities, including for example new products and services necessary to respond to the recent combustible cladding and building defect problems that challenge the strata sector.
Collective sales and redevelopment plans
Michael works with strata owners to lead them through various forms of strata renewal or termination. He uses collective sales, redevelopment plans and mutual sales methods to bring strata owners together so they can sell their strata as one parcel to maximise the value for someone acquiring the site for redevelopment.
This process works best where there are urban renewal plans for the area in which the strata is located making a higher density yield possible for the site and increasing the land value component for strata owners. Sale premiums of double the normal value of individual lots have been achieved using these processes.
Based on his experience in this specialist area, Michael believes strongly that strata owners are best served by using an independent ‘fee for service’ model where the owners corporation funds his fees and the costs of the campaign to bring owners together rather than ‘selling out’ too early by giving options to developers or promoters that will want a large share of the super profits.
Michaels unique skills as a presenter, negotiator, and problem solver make him perfect for this role.
Owners representation and meeting advocacy
Michael works with strata owner groups to bring about changes to internal decision-making processes that are for the benefit of the owners corporation.
He does this using a five-step approach
- Agree desired outcomes for the group
- Search the owners corporation books and records to determine how the entity is making decisions and implementing them
- Implement a communication strategy to achieve the agreed outcomes.
- Represent owners by proxy at meetings, chairing meetings, and acting as returning officer.
- Instruct and manage lawyers (if legal advice or services are required).
Strata entities make better decisions when proper processes are followed, and all points of view are heard and considered. Michael’s court room advocacy skills and deep knowledge of the law and practice of strata management enables him to make your voice heard when it is needed most.